I’ve always found baking therapeutic, so since being at home I’ve been keeping busy in the kitchen! Today I fancied something really decadent, so when I came across this recipe, I knew I had to give it a try. These brownies are so rich and chocolatey, and taste amazing warmed up with a dollop of ice-cream. Happy baking!
TERRY’S CHOCOLATE ORANGE BROWNIES
- 150 g Plain Flour
- 350 g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 30 g Cocoa Powder
- 3 Eggs
- 200 g Salted Butter
- 1 Orange (Zest)
- 250 g Dark Chocolate
- 1 Terry's Chocolate Orange (157g)
- 1 Bag of Terry's Chocolate Orange Minis (125g)
- Preheat your oven to 180° and line a baking tin with parchment paper
- Melt your butter and dark chocolate in the microwave in short bursts. This can take some time but be patient – you don't want the chocolate to burn!
- Leave the bowl of melted butter/chocolate to one side to cool
- Using electric beaters, whisk together your eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy
- Once your chocolate mixture is at room temperature, fold it into your egg mixture
- Mix in your flour, cocoa, baking powder and orange zest
- Chop your Terry's Chocolate Orange into chunks. Then fold them into your batter
- Spoon your mixture into the baking tin
- Take a handful of Chocolate Orange Minis (I snapped mine in half) and press them slightly into the top of your brownie batter
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Once cooled, slice up and enjoy!