Granola is one of my favourite things to eat for breakfast. However, most shop-bought versions are filled with additives and other unnecessary extras, so it’s much better to make your own. It’s super easy to put together and contains ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen!
One of the best things about making your own granola is you can switch up what you put in it. You can add peanut butter, dried fruit, chocolate nibs, various spices… the list is endless! You can also swap the honey for maple syrup if you’re vegan.
Serve your granola with fresh fruit and yoghurt or ice cold milk. It’s also delicious sprinkled on top of smoothies. Enjoy!
- 300 g Rolled Oats
- 150 g Mixed Nuts (roughly chopped)
- 200 g Honey
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil (Olive Oil works fine, too)
- 3 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cacao Powder
- Pinch of Salt (don't skip this – it brings out the sweetness of the cacao powder!)
- Preheat your oven to 180° (160° fan) and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together your oats, nuts, desiccated coconut, cinnamon, cacao powder and salt until combined
- Gently melt your honey and coconut oil together in a saucepan until smooth. Then, transfer to your dry ingredients and mix together until the oats are fully coated and slightly sticky. Don't be afraid to get your hands in there!
- Pour your mixture onto your baking tray and press down with a spatula. Ensure it isn't too thin as you want your granola to form clumps!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool COMPLETELY before touching it
- Once cooled, break the granola up into clusters. Store in an air-tight container