Welcome to the second instalment in my Bake Along series! I’m a little bit behind as I’ve been on holiday, but I’m back today with a delicious brownie recipe inspired by Chocolate Week.
Brownies are one of my favourite things to bake as they’re fool proof and taste amazing. I got this recipe from Martha’s Baking Addiction – stuffed full of Oreos and a boat load of chocolate chips, they’re so incredibly decadent.
I’d always recommend using dark chocolate when baking brownies as it really intensifies the flavour. They won’t taste bitter, I promise!
OREO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- 300 g caster sugar
- 60 g plain flour
- 75 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 140 g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 90 g dark chocolate (chopped) or dark chocolate chips
- 1 pack of Oreos (chopped)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180° and line a baking tin with parchment paper
- Add your sugar, butter, salt and cocoa powder to a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, then heat for an additional 30 secs. Continue to microwave and stir until completely combined
- Add your eggs and vanilla to your batter and stir
- Fold in your flour until combined. Then gently stir in your chopped chocolate/chocolate chips and half the Oreos
- Pour the batter into your baking tin and top with the remaining chopped Oreos
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
These taste amazing paired with a cuppa or a glass of ice cold milk. Enjoy! x