Porridge is one of my favourite things to eat in the morning, especially during the colder months. I usually top my oats with banana but decided to try something different today. I went for diced apple, peanut butter and lashings of cinnamon for a delicious, hearty breakfast. This is packed full of goodness but feels incredibly decadent – perfect for satisfying any cravings!
APPLE PIE PORRIDGE
- 40 g porridge oats
- 300 ml oat milk
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey (or maple syrup if you're vegan)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 heaped tsp peanut butter
- Heat your coconut oil in a non-stick pan. Add your apple slices along with the ginger, cinnamon and honey. Cook gently until tender
- Meanwhile, prepare your oats. Pop them in a saucepan with your milk and cook gently for around 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add the cooked apple to your oats. Serve with a dollop of peanut butter, chia seeds and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!