When I spotted these beauties over at Jane’s Patisserie I knew I had to give them a go – I’d been trying to find a good Mini Egg recipe ever since they started reappearing in shops and these chunky cookies sounded perfect. I had so much fun making them and they tasted delicious – perhaps one of my favourite bakes!
If you’re not a fan of Mini Eggs you can substitute them for whatever chocolate you fancy. Enjoy!
CHUNKY MINI EGG COOKIES (JANE’S PATTISSERIE RECIPE)
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 75 g caster sugar
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g chocolate chips or chopped milk chocolate of your choice (I used Dairy Milk buttons)
- 2 bags of Mini Eggs
- Beat together your brown sugar, caster sugar and butter in a bowl until creamy
- Add your egg and vanilla into your mixture and beat again
- Stir in your flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Take one of the bags of Mini Eggs and chop them up/crush them with the side of a large knife. Add them to your bowl along with the milk chocolate. Mix everything together until you get a cookie dough texture (don't be afraid to get your hands in there!)
- Roll your dough into 115g balls (your mix should make around 7-8 cookies)
- Take your other bag of Mini Eggs and push them whole into the cookie dough balls
- Pop your cookies in the freezer for at least half an hour (this will ensure they won't spread too much while they're cooking). Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 180°C
- Bake your cookies for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow to cool for around 30 minutes before eating. You can always pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds or so afterwards so they're super gooey!