When I spotted these beauties over at Jane’s Patisserie I knew I had to give them a go – I’d been trying to find a good Mini Egg recipe ever since they started reappearing in shops and these chunky cookies sounded perfect. I had so much fun making them and they tasted delicious – perhaps one of my favourite bakes!
If you’re not a fan of Mini Eggs you can substitute them for whatever chocolate you fancy. Enjoy!
CHUNKY MINI EGG COOKIES (JANE’S PATTISSERIE RECIPE)
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 75 g caster sugar
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g chocolate chips or chopped milk chocolate of your choice (I used Dairy Milk buttons)
- 2 bags of Mini Eggs
- Beat together your brown sugar, caster sugar and butter in a bowl until creamy
- Add your egg and vanilla into your mixture and beat again
- Stir in your flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Take one of the bags of Mini Eggs and chop them up/crush them with the side of a large knife. Add them to your bowl along with the milk chocolate. Mix everything together until you get a cookie dough texture (don't be afraid to get your hands in there!)
- Roll your dough into 115g balls (your mix should make around 7-8 cookies)
- Take your other bag of Mini Eggs and push them whole into the cookie dough balls
- Pop your cookies in the freezer for at least half an hour (this will ensure they won't spread too much while they're cooking). Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 180°C
- Bake your cookies for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow to cool for around 30 minutes before eating. You can always pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds or so afterwards so they're super gooey!
Oh my Lord, I have such a craving now! x
These look AMAZING! I need these in my life ASAP.
Zoey | http://www.zoeyolivia.com
I love mini eggs on top, they just make them look extra yummy and cute! I need to convince my housemates to give this a try <3
Ah man, these look DELICIOUS! Mini eggs are my favourite thing about Easter 🙂
Kate | https://asimplesliceofkate.com/
Wow these look amazing! I saw mini eggs in the shop for the first time the other day, so this comes at the perfect time! Can’t wait to give it a go. x
I cannot wait for mini egg season to come back! I am going to have to add these to my spring baking list, thanks!
Ashlee | https://www.alignedwithash.com
Totally relate to wanting to find a good mini egg recipe! I deffo need to try these, as they look amazing!!xx
Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/
OMG this cookie recipe sounds so good. I’ll definitely be trying this out. x
Oooh! I haven’t heard of chocolate mini egg cookies before!! This is a creative way to also celebrate Easter with some delicious treats. Love that this is easy to make – especially with subbing typical toppings with the mini eggs. Thanks for sharing this delish recipe!
Nancy ✨ mdrnminimalists.com
It sounds great and looks delicious. 🙂
♡ ☯ ☮ P&P style ☮ ☯ ♡
Omggggg these look so delicious! Now I am craving cookies so badly lol. I love those eggs. I really need to try this recipe!
Anything with mini eggs and I’m sold! These looks amazing!
Katy | http://www.katystephenson.com